Wednesday 6 March 2013

Five Tales of Horror

I have decided to start a new series of short story collections entitled Five Tales of ... (original, eh ;-)), in which will be packaged, um, five stories in a similar genre.

Each mini-collection will be priced at $1.49 in the US and 99p in the UK.

In the past I have released short stories individually as well as in collections (well, one so far). My reason for doing this is partly one of value for money, partly one of visibility, and partly to do with branding.

My short stories don't sell many copies so I thought I would try putting them together. Another reason is that not all of my short stories are too short to sell individually, but as part of a collection they fit in okay. There will also be a little overlap - one story in each collection that is available elsewhere.  Why would I do that?  Basically to make my shorts stretch further! I'm pretty sure I don't have enough dedicated followers to get upset about it, but in the unlikely event that you've read everything I've written and you want more, drop me an email... there's a ton of stuff on the hard drive!

Anyway, part one of the collection is titled Five Tales of Horror. These were pretty easy to choose.  I've got an old one in there (Road Stop, written in 2003), plus a couple of personal favorites (Forever My Baby and Room 666 - which very nearly sold to a pro mag a couple of years back) and a couple loosely based on places I worked/visited.

And here's the cover, one I knocked up using Picasa on my iMac.


I absolutely love that skull picture, which I picked up on Pond5.com. I'm already thinking about the next one, which will possibly be titled Five Tales of Space Exploration or Five Tales of Alien Worlds, depending what stories fit best. Watch this space.

So, while you're waiting for Head of Words, please enjoy these dark tales in the meantime!


CW 7th March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment